As a Data Architect on the Information Systems team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a HUGE impact across the entire business as we move to the next generation of systems. Lightspeed is fully committed to an exciting Digital Transformation across all our lines of business.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Enterprise Data Architecture
- Thorough understanding of business lines and business drivers
- Develop enterprise data architecture and data modeling
- Key contributor to maturity models, data roadmaps, data value chain capabilities
- Elaborate data principles & standards, data governance process, and data quality process
- Define and maintain data service catalog, and interface and service implementation standards
- Share responsibility for data security and encryption, classification standards and procedures, and compliance (SOX, GDPR, etc.)
- Contribute to ARB (architecture review board) for data - and help solutions conform
Data Architecture and BI in Practice
- Provide technical leadership to transformation program from a data perspective
- Lead data integration & migration practices through EDA and microservices
- Provide technical guidance to data & BI team, and with tools and best practices
- Help prune requirements to preserve company agility
- Influence decisions on choice of systems and frameworks
- Elaborate solutions to complex data needs, using a full range of modern databases and techniques, and leveraging design patterns and separation of concerns to ensure minimal complexity and optimal performance, reliability, reusability, supportability, security, etc.
- Document technical risks, architecture diagrams, and architectural decisions; ensure quality of deliverables related to data
- Work with executives and business stakeholders, and position data objectives and plans to achieve business goals
- Collaborate with architects, product managers, developers, throughout the SDLC
- Ensure technical considerations are communicated, and implementation conforms with design, long-term objectives, and enterprise architecture
- Coach data and development teams on best practices and patterns
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Computer Science, MS degree or equivalent
- 10 years of experience in data architecture, data lakes, analytics, and big data
- 5 years of experience leading a team
- Vulnerability (acceptance of mistakes) and accountability
- Deep analytical skills, ability to resolve problems and make decisions
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Deep technical knowledge; architecture and data patterns and practices; how to realize non-functional qualities in a design.
- Experience with different types of databases (relational, key-value, columnar, document, graph …) and understanding of their relative strengths
- Deep understanding of distributed data concepts and techniques (replication, partitioning, transactions…)
- Thorough understanding of microservices and RESTful integration; experience with data fabric and integration tools such as Talend, Denodo, Informatica, Fivetran
- Expertise in data lakes and vaults, analytics, and data streams; experience with BigQuery, Looker, Hadoop, Spark, databricks, in cloud environments (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with data catalogs such as Alation, Collibra, IBM.
- Hands on experience and engineering with ETLs, IoT, and data streaming
- Practical understanding of data science (segmentation, modeling…)
- Strong experience in SDLC and quality processes
- Experience with agile development and devops
- Experience and understanding of Salesforce and Netsuite architectures
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with data support for self-service customer management platforms
- Experience with identity and access management systems and data
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with technologies in the enterprise applications world
- Strong database management, design, & coding experience
What's in It for You?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!