Lightspeed is looking for an Excel Wizard to become our Finance Business Partner. You will be responsible for working closely with our Sales team to develop, maintain and improve the growing Sales function and its financials. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, ecompasses strong organizational skills, and is extremely detail-oriented. This is your chance to build a successful career within a fast-growing tech company where your work will have direct and visible impact.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Develop sales target forecasting by country and by function, sales commission plans and new compensation metrics.
- Develop and update sales quota calculations.
- Conduct sales coverage analysis, pricing analysis and other various sales analysis.
- Maintain the sales book of business.
- Implement the new sales planning and forecasting tool.
- Provide support during complex projects and ad hoc analysis.
- Contribute to the design of financial models, scenarios, and sensitivities for projects and reporting requirements; apply models and interpret results.
- Build clear and insightful reports and improve the financial reports reliability, accuracy, clarity and production time.
- Build relationships with other departments and help create system solutions to accurately record new business transactions for both operational and consolidated results.
- Produce clear, well-structured documentation that supports reporting needs and audit processes.
- Assist in the annual audits by compiling information and analysis, as required by auditors.
- Ensure reporting processes and key controls maintain SOX compliance.
- Participation in preparation of consolidated and non-consolidated internal management reports.
- Work on ad hoc projects as assigned, such as assessment of new business activities or change of process.
- Assist with special requests from the Executive Team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Expert level of knowledge in Excel is a must
- 2 years experience related to Financial Analysis
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong sales planning skills
- Detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative
- Ablilty to handle a high volume of transactions
- Excellent English communication skills
- Accounting designation
- Experience in an auditing company
- Experience with budget
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with Looker
- Knowledge of a sales function in a SaaS company
- Strong interest in Information Systems Software
- Excellent written and spoken French
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!