Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is looking for a full-time Information Security Specialist to join our Information Security team in Montreal. Reporting to the Information Security Manager, the Information Security Specialist will protect Lightspeed and our customers from internal and external threats. You have a strong technical background in security matched by a passion for web technologies. You slay at problem-solving and want to collaborate to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed’s recently completed $167 million financing round has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Participate in the architecture and design of secure systems
- Perform risk assessments
- Assist our full stack development and DevOps teams in building secure software and infrastructure. Our tech stack is focused on PHP, Linux, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Dockers, just to name some
- Perform threat analysis and security audits on our software and infrastructure
- Monitor emerging IT security threats and trends
- Respond to vulnerabilities and threats
- Perform analysis for security incidents
- Define hardening configurations
- Work as an integral part of the DevOps team
- 3+ years experience in information security running on secure cloud-based infrastructures
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience performing threat analysis and penetration testing
- Experience performing security analysis of cloud-based infrastructure
- Knowledge of standards, regulations and legislation governing Information Security
- Knowledge of security issues affecting Internet facing applications
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCE, Rackspace, Softlayer, Azure)
- Deep knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments
- Knowledge of cryptography
- Experience in tools such as Wireshark, Metasploit, Burp suite, Kali, etc.
- Detail-oriented self-starter with a high level of commitment and personal motivation
- Knack for prioritizing tasks and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with Kubernetes and docker environments
- Programming experience in Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby, or other interpreted or compiled languages
- Knowledge of PCI DSS, ISO 27001, OWASP
- Experience with OS X and iOS development
- Recognized security certifications (CEH, OSCP, CISSP, etc.)
- Fluency in French
And when you’re not working on security?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!