Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Junior Accountant. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the ideal candidate is self- motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely attentive to detail. The working environment is dynamic, and daily tasks include a variety of accounting duties. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance team of a growing technology company, this may be the position for you.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Bank reconciliations for all Lightspeed entities:
- Prepare daily bank reconciliations for multiple accounts
- Work with accountants in order to ensure adequate cash balances
- Reconcile payments received by various processors, and our internal systems and bank accounts
- Accounts receivable reconciliations:
- Reconcile monthly AR reports
- Monthly close procedures
- 1-2 years experience in a similar position
- DEC or B.Comm in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- CGA completed or in process
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Adept at handling sensitive documents
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of MacOS X
- Proficiency in any accounting system
- Fluency in French
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!