Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have a strong technical background matched with a passion for web technologies. You’re a natural problem-solver. You’re game with collaborating to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe. You're excited to help build in-house designed user interfaces by consuming REST and JSON RPC API's that will redefine what’s expected of cutting-edge Point of Sale on desktop, tablet and mobile devices. You will collaborate closely with Product, Design and QA to spec, build, test and deploy new features. We are not afraid to use state of the art technologies and we will give you the opportunity to explore them. So if you are into “Work Hard - Play Hard” you are at the right place with Lightspeed. Come and talk with us and become a part of the Lightspeed Family!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed’s recently completed $167 million financing round has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Create beautiful and functional web applications, with a focus on the client side
- Provide estimates for development effort
- Evolve and implement new and existing UIs
- Work with Lightspeed’s back-end systems team to deliver product features and functionality
- Help define the technical roadmap
- Review code
- Experience developing production-grade software (preferably large systems) or are able to prove exceptional skills
- Experience with Front-End Frameworks preferably React and or Angular
- Ability to learn new technologies or paradigms
- Experience in Typescript
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Experience building responsive websites
- Knowledge of version control tools like Git
- Experience using JS Frameworks/Libraries
- Experience with Selenium and Protractor, Karma and Jasmine
- Deep knowledge of Web technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Experience with Reactive Programming (RxJS)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with TDD and BDD
- Experience with CI / CD
- A keen interest in user interface design
- Experience with Full stack
- Fluency in Flemish
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Even if we became bigger everyone has an impact on the company as a whole
- We encourage initiatives and leadership
- Possibility to work with state of the art technologies
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Ability to grow within the Ghent team and the global Lightspeed Development team
- Fun activities with your teammates - Be part of the Lightspeed Family!
- Work with highly skilled people (and enthusiastic ones ;) )