Lightspeed is seeking a results-oriented Product Marketing Manager to help accelerate the launch and lifecycle management of our Hospitality line. The key objective of this position is to improve how we take our products to market: establish positioning and messaging; conducting market analysis; and develop tools and documents in order to ensure a fast, consistent, accurate and impactful go-to-market strategy.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Becoming an expert of the payment, retail and hospitality industry and understanding the technology landscape that helps retailers and restaurateurs be successful
- Owning the execution of market research and gleaning nuanced market insights that will help inform our roadmaps and hone our messaging and pricing
- Recommending current and future market positioning opportunities, including new functionality, offerings, improvements and/or business models
- Learning the competitive landscape and products inside-out so that you can effectively position our products in the market as well as arm customer-facing teams with that knowledge
- Being the go-to person for messaging around our products and value proposition
- Partnering with Marketing, Product Management, Design & Customer Success teams to deliver your strategy, influencing product roadmaps and advocating for experiences that drive growth and customer satisfaction
- Developing and owning results for the 1-year GTM strategy as well as individual feature and product rollouts from start to finish
- Supporting and developing the long-term strategy, priorities and organization that will meet the brand and product marketing needs of our global business
- Maintaining a deep understanding of our customer and user personas to translate insights into strategies that help support and drive our roadmap
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to develop strategies and action plans on product and brand marketing initiatives
What you'll be bringing to the team:
- Proven experience of working in a product marketing or equivalent role
- Knowledge of strategic planning, business analysis, marketing principles, research and analysis with strong project management skills
- Highly organized, analytical and a motivated self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal, written and speaking at events
- Ability to build and maintain close working relationships and act as liaison with cross-functional and external stakeholders
- Ability to act as a positive, motivating leader who can inspire others to rise to new challenges
- Experience in the Restaurant or Hospitality sector in any capacity is a strong asset
What's in it for you:
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!