Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Sales Engineer in London to improve Lightspeed’s sales productivity and deal flow by providing technical expertise for complex solutions. You will collaborate with Marketing, Product Management, and Support resources, and interact with key customer technical decision-makers to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs. You will be responsible for achieving sales quotas together with the Lightspeed’s Sales teams.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Be the main technical point of contact within Lightspeed’s Sales team;
- proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommend optimum solutions and support;
- you will “wow!” prospects and customers by acting as the lead technical expert during product demonstrations, in person or through webinars;
- develop competitive analysis sheets to support Lightspeed’s Sales teams;
- represent Lightspeed at conferences, shows, and exhibitions;
- provide technical coaching and professional development to Lightspeed’s sales team;
- collaborate with Product Management and Support teams on technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alert the sales teams to potential risks of deal closure;
- provide training to customers, staff and resellers when needed;
- handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
- 3+ years experience in customer-facing activities in a B2B environment;
- full working proficiency in English;
- bachelor in Computer Science, or equivalent experience;
- ability to popularize technical information for a general audience;
- superior presentation skills;
- ability to travel frequently;
- keen eye for detail and quality;
- strong level of autonomy with the ability to drive projects with limited guidance;
- highly adaptable with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality;
- demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Project Management certification;
- strong understanding of retail and Point of Sale technologies;
- knowledge of Apple tools, web technologies, and networking;
- knowledge of system integration through API.
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A modern office with panoramic views of the city, and a rooftop terrace overlooking the Shard;
- an environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party in Amsterdam;
- work with highly skilled people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!