Lightspeed is experiencing major growth, and as a result, we are looking for the best people who are committed to working hard, achieving their targets, and being #1. To succeed in this role, a potential intern should be ambitious, personable, committed, and willing to hustle. This internship also requires good time management, organization, comfortable in following instructions, and self-motivation, so if this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you.
Lightspeed is seeking a Sales intern to join our Account and Sales Management team. As a Sales intern you will benefit from building strong relationships with Lightspeed customers by upselling apps, themes and offering online marketing services packages. Target clients will largely consist of -- but will not be limited to -- small and mid-sized businesses in the Ecommerce, Retail and Hospitality/Food service industry. This is an inside sales internship working in our Amsterdam office located near the 9 streets and requires ZERO travel. The successful candidate loves challenges, possesses a keen eye for detail, and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Provide administrative support to members of the Sales and Account Management department
- Answer inquiries via phone/email and communicate any changes/updates
- Prepare reports to monitor as and when needed
- Track and manage partner certifications
- Oversee ongoing lead pairing with existing customers
- Review and process customers’ application forms and participate in the recommendation of prospective customers
- Participate in and help to coordinate and drive Online marketing initiatives
- Manage sales projects as required
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or Business, or equivalent experience
- Fluency in the Dutch and English language
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Retail, Restaurant or eCom experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Interest in technology
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A brand new office on the Amsterdam Canals;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party, free sports classes and many more;
- Daily catered lunches and snacks;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!