Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Senior Accountant. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the ideal person to join us is self-motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely attentive to detail. The working environment is dynamic, and daily tasks include a variety of accounting duties. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance team of a growing technology company, this may be the position for you.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Responsible for the month-end close procedures for one of Lightspeed’s entities
- Manage the Company’s treasury function, including policies, fund transfers, payments issued estimated cash position
- Review bank reconciliations
- Perform the payroll-related accounting entries
- Partake in the improvement of internal processes
- Be an active participant in automation projects
- Participate in the internal monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting process, external quarterly reviews and annual financial statement audit
- Assist and perform a wide variety of accounting tasks
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- Completed B.Comm in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Adept at handling sensitive documents
- Fluency in English
- CPA completed or in process
- Experience with Netsuite
- Knowledge of payroll accounting
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!