Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is looking for a full time Senior Data Test Developer to join our Montreal team. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for ensuring software quality through continuous involvement in our Software processes. You will use your experience in test planning and execution in an agile environment, paired with strong technical, troubleshooting, and analytical skills. If you have a passion for quality and want to help deliver software that solves real-world business problems for customers around the globe, we believe we should talk.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: Your love for software testing is matched with your strong technical background. You are well versed with the unusual changes that come with evaluating and communicating Agile software quality. You love testing and you are game with collaborating with a distributed development team to build products that solve real-world problems. You believe that quality is a mindset, not a job description, and know how to work within an agile team to raise the bar.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Work within the software development team to maintain high level of product quality
- Actively participate in software requirements definition, providing feedback, time estimates and identifying areas of risk
- Identify testing strategy, approach and tools required to provide high quality software
- Develop, maintain and execute automated test cases based on the functional and non-functional requirements
- Provide timely validation and visibility on the testing status of new features and functionality during each development iteration
- Assist in regression testing for new software releases
- Collaborate with software developers and customer support engineers to identify, document and resolve product defects
- Contribute to the ongoing efforts to refine and improve company's test methodologies, software development processes, and internal testing tools
- Recommend innovative ideas to automate to reduce manual effort and increase the code coverage
- Be an advocate for quality throughout the development process
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software quality assurance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail
- In-depth experience with testing large scale database systems
- Experience with java/python/bash
- Experience with event based systems (kafka, pub/sub, sqs, …)
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Hands-on experience with scalability, performance and load testing of cloud-based systems
- Track record of showing excellent judgement in test planning, issue escalation and release decisions
- Shown ability to focus on deliverables and meet scheduled deadlines
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies
- Self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Organized and reliable, able to efficiently run multiple tasks
- Great attitude and work ethics
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with test automation and/or security testing tools
- Experience with PCI compliance systems
- Working knowledge of retail terminology and concepts
- Understanding of agile development processes and practices
- Knowledge of Lightspeed or other POS products
And when you’re not programming?
- In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development centers in Montreal
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 375 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Work with highly skilled people
- A direct strategic influence on the future of retail!