As Senior Director, PR & Strategic Communications you will be responsible for developing, executing and evolving our integrated strategy and managing and directing Lightspeed’s internal and external communications. You will oversee a team of experienced PR and communications professionals while supporting and aligning with our company mission and business strategy.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Evolve the strategy and lead the team (internal team + external agencies) to
- Execute on the company’s external PR Program for corporate, investor, and product-related news
- Deliver the organization's internal strategic communications program
- Provide oversight and support to the Investor Relations (IR) team for IR communications
- Collaborate with the IR team and external vendors to support IR related releases around earnings, shareholder communications, or the company
- Build an inspiring, visionary strategy and point of view for the Lightspeed narrative internally and externally.
- Provide coaching, mentorship, creative feedback, development opportunities and insight to a team of senior communications experts.
- Work closely with the Corporate and Product Communications and Executive time to create a story-driven PR/Communications program that complements our IR strategy, corporate vision and marketing, brand and product roadmaps
- Ensure regular and constant cadence of press releases to increase awareness among merchants, investors, media, influencer and the general public with a focus on promoting the product roadmap, identifying newsworthy events, developing thought leadership and cultivating Lightspeed’s spokespeople
- Partner with customer facing teams to identify customer and partnership stories that are press worthy and highlight during earnings calls
- Identify and execute on opportunities that build brand and product awareness through key industry influencers
- In collaboration with thePR and Product Communications team members:
- Develop and execute comprehensive short and long term media relations plans and metrics at local, national and international levels across various platforms
- Proactively manage relationships with key national, international and trade media partners
- Create and implement appropriate strategies, processes and safeguards to respond to media queries.
- Develop a robust Government Relations program in Canada and the US to drive awareness of Lightspeed’s goal of powering the businesses that are the backbone of the local, national and global economy.
- Maintain, evolve and execute Lightspeed’s corporate issues and crisis management program.
- Identify, cultivate, train and prepare Lightspeed spokespeople (Executives and Industry experts) so they are equipped to drive positive sentiment and brand awareness in the media, industry events (e.g. speaking opportunities) and social media.
- Ensure communications amplify and actively assist at all times with Lightspeed's strategic communications and brand storytelling goals.
- In association with Lightspeed’s People & Culture, Legal, and IR teams, promote the company’s CSR, ESG and DEI initiatives among key audiences.
- Ensure monthly reporting and metrics are tracked, reported on and shared with key stakeholders to ensure accountability for results.
Internal Strategic Communications
- Collaborate with the Internal Communications team and Executive team to establish a global internal communications strategy; including building positive brand sentiment among new employees from companies acquired from M&A.
- Ensure consistent messaging by working closely with Legal, IR, product, sales, and marketing teams.
- Create feedback loops and build communications capacity of key internal stakeholders
- Define best practices for internal communications, including technology and processes to ensure awareness among all employee groups (regional + M&A teams) of key communications messages.
- Provide oversight to Manager, Internal Communications to plan and execute content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as monthly company Town Halls per region, executive management team company communications, regular employee updates and newsletters.
- Partner with M&A and Brand Communications to develop a strategy and program for M&A-related PR and internal communications to raise awareness of the corporate strategy for M&A and to develop a One Lightspeed approach to drive excitement and ensure a smooth integration for new employees.
- In association with Lightspeed’s People & Culture, Legal, and Investor Relations teams, promote the company’s CSR, ESG and DEI initiatives among employees.
- Ensure monthly reporting and metrics are tracked, reported on and shared with key stakeholders to align with KPIs.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 10 + years of senior communications experience including in-depth change management skills and experience effectively driving linkages between internal and external communications and brand
- Excellent track record working across senior leadership teams to build and fully execute a global communications strategy
- Experience leading a team of senior professionals to deliver and execute on high impact strategies
- Experience implementing innovative communications strategies with a focus on results and team building
- Outstanding written, verbal, interview and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and adaptable with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and team oriented environment
- Ability to influence people and facilitate cooperation of internal and external partners
- Ability to understand key performance indicators, both quantitative and qualitative in a compelling way
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!