Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the lookout for a passionate full-time Senior Front-End Developer to join our Toronto-based Development team. The primary role for this position is to build beautiful user interfaces and experiences for our Lightspeed Loyalty product.
Don’t mistake us for a typical corporation. We are not looking for just a team member, we’re searching for someone to enrich our family. We will encourage you to bring ideas and will give you creative freedom.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
What are you going to do?
- Collaborate with Lightspeed’s Product team to develop responsive, scalable, and global web applications
- Write efficient and reliable code with an emphasis on testing
- Incorporate feedback to iterate and improve the product
- Stay up to date with the latest Front-End technologies to ensure we are always using the best practices
What do we think is important to succeed?
- Practical understanding of HTML, CSS (SASS or equivalent)
- Experience using JS libraries/tools such as React, Redux, Webpack, etc. React being the principal asset.
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Experience building responsive websites
What do we think would be great to have?
- 5+ years experience developing production-grade web applications
- Experience using versioning control systems (Git)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with consuming APIs
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A central downtown office just steps away from the Subway line;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party in Montreal;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!