The product manager will be responsible for the product direction for software being developed by the Data Science (ML) Lightspeed team within the Supplier Market Product, ensuring optimum delivery from (driving) the development team. Detailed responsibilities are listed below.
What you will be responsible for:
- Define & maintain the product roadmap to ensure
- Work with the design team during ideation phase to ensure that flows are optimum
- Identify potential business partners
- Deliver product memos for stake-holder review and alignment
- Writing & grooming of product backlogs & the sprint objectives
- Definition and tracking (after release) of new feature criteria for success KPI’s
- Customer engagement, acquisition, monetization retention
- Create effective quarterly product communication including product videos
- Participation in external “community”
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Experience having productized & launched products using ML / AI
- Knowledge of Time Series, Natural Language Processing, Vision models
- Knowledge of Machine Learning / AI principles
- Understanding of MLOps processes and tooling
- Experience in cloud based SaaS business environments
- Experience evolving in Agile/Scrum development cycle, building and delivering high quality software on time.
- Understanding of digital marketing
- Experience working with UX/UI design teams
- Knowledge with product instrumentation / analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, Segment, Intercom,
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Being able to communicate effectively between data scientists, machine learning engineers, & software developers
- Keen interest in marketing
- Keen interest in product optimization, A/B testing
- Eloquent presentation & communication skills
- Ability to work cross team organizations
- Ability to work in fast paced Agile development environment
- Self motivated with good analytics capability, excellent hands-on skills and someone that enjoys delivering products
- Results oriented & able to contribute in team environment
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!