As a part of Lightspeed’s Loyalty team, you will be contributing to initiatives that will expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our customer and consumer facing products. Your work will also have a direct impact on supporting new and existing business owners by helping them drive repeat business and build long-term relationships with your customers online and in store. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Work alongside some of the most brilliant minds in the industry, you will contribute to omnichannel product by building new features and creative workflows.
- Report to the Development Manager and have frequent interactions with Product Managers, Product Designers as well as Platform Teams.
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovative ideas that challenge the status quo and implement solutions
- Act as an advocate for highest code quality and ownership, while contributing to the health of the infrastructure
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Extensive experience developing reliable, highly available and scalable software
- Knowledge of modern cloud infrastructures and tools
- Understanding of software design patterns such as Domain Driven Development
- Proficient with programming languages such as PHP and/or Go
- Experience with relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Good approach to testing quality of code
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience developing microservices
- Strong understanding of continuous delivery model
- Experience in building APIs
- Experience with event based and messaging systems
- Ability to deploy and maintain software in a production environment
- Experience with Payment processing, Point of Sale (POS) and/or eCommerce
Who you are:
- We look for problem solvers that do not shy away from tackling complexity, and love critical thinkers
- You have a strong will to learn, grow and get out of comfort zone
- You have a great energy and passion for technology
What’s in it for you:
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Full suite of benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!