Are you tired of the same old repetitive jobs where your skills stagnate and your manager thinks your name’s a number? Do you feel you have a lot more to offer than simply coding? Do you also believe procedures are just a means to an end? If so, you’ve come to the right address!
Lightspeed is on the hunt for a Senior Software Developer. Don’t mistake us for your typical corporation, we are not looking for just a team member, we want someone to enrich our family. We’re into “Work Hard - Play Hard”. We believe results are more important than procedures. We’re looking for someone with a passion for tech, who wants to be proud of their work, an amazing problem-solver. Sounds familiar? Perfect! We’ve got what it takes to keep you entertained.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs
- Write code and develop prototypes for high-volume production, REST API-based applications
- Help with architecting new features
- Evolving legacy code
- Java Guru
- Big data specialist (SQL and NoSQL)
- Linux fanatic
- Test infected
- API artist
- Cloud computing experience
- Strong interest in bridging between the Development team and the SRE team (DevOps)
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!