Lightspeed’s Product Content team is looking for someone with exceptional writing, editing and communication skills to deliver customer-facing help content for the Hospitality product offering. As part of the Product & Technology department, you’ll work closely with product content writers, product managers and product designers to create helpful and engaging content that drives adoption and autonomy among our users.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
What you will be doing
- Drive the success of Lightspeed’s Hospitality products (Restaurant POS, Self-Order Menu, Kitchen Display System) by producing and maintaining onboarding guides, technical how-to and troubleshooting articles that address user needs.
- Participate in and track feature release cycles from product planning through to go-to-market in an Agile environment.
- Maintain regular contact with the Support and Onboarding teams to stay up-to-date on Help Center needs and requirements.
What you need to have
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Experience writing and structuring content to meet the needs of a designated audience.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and self-manage priorities.
- Strong willingness to work in a demanding, fast-paced tech environment.
- Ability to make decisions based on independent research and problem solving.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or other equivalent field.
- Experience working with restaurant oriented software is an asset.
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!